Trolley Saga
It has been a while since my last blog entry. I have actually been doing work at work. Unfortunately home is another story. My once tidy home has fallen into disrepair as I have played Civilization II. Talking about that depresses me a little, so I’ll go back to talking about work, where I have been very productive.
I’ve almost completed the bike plan. I’m now in the horribly frustrating chore of formatting it. Microsoft Word is not the best at formatting things, but it is doing quite a good job of allowing me to create indexes, tables, etc. Anyway… this probably isn’t of interest to anyone… in the world… After months of internal review the bike plan will be on the website… I’ll keep you posted.
As for our trolley friends, there are some new developments. There is a girl on the trolley I like to call Ken’s girlfriend based on a photo keychain shaped like a purple heart that has Ken written on it in white cursive and has a picture of a man I can only assume is, in fact, Ken on her purse. She is about my age, which I suppose makes her a woman and not a girl… definitely too old to be mooning over Ken with purple heart shaped keychains, unless it is done for irony, sarcasm, or fun. She doesn’t strike me as being particularly ironic, sarcastic, or fun.
Anyway, she made some friends (City Year who wears one of those bright red jackets that says City Year that may have to do with Americorps {I would love clarification if anyone knows what City Year is} and Green Coat) that may work with her about a month ago after riding the trolley. She was riding the trolley alone for about two months before that. For this month of friendship, they all used to sit and talk on the train all the way both ways. Then I saw two of them arguing and City Year girl was conspicuously absent. Then there were several days where only Ken’s girlfriend was on my trolley. Just this week, they have started sitting together again. I think they have mended their friendship, but I may detect a hint of strain. I often see City Year and Green Coat talking amongst themselves while Ken’s Girlfriend looks off in the distance. My theory is that Ken’s Girlfriend had lost interest in her friends and did something to purposely drive them away. I’ll keep you informed.
The regulars are all doing well. Beverly Hills guy is loosening up on his seat choice. The Woman who does Needlepoint all in One Color has a new nickname of Holiday Lady. She has had earring, hats, and pins for every holiday since 4th of July. She has been decidedly less crafty as well.
Oh well, back to formatting the documents and creating appendices, but next time remind me to tell you about the great football confrontation on the evening trolley.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home