A report on the general minutia of my daily existence.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Inspiration.

I have a desk calendar that is very nice and old and maybe even real silver. It is from a great uncle I never met. When you reach the end of the month and flip it over, it says three things that aren’t numbers of the day.

1) Push back at top slowly
2) Change Months and Days of Weeks on Discs Below
3) Time cannot efface Good Works or Good Deeds

Then it goes back to telling me what day it is. It always amuses me to see the inspirational quote in among the practical instructions.

While we’re on the topic of inspiration… I do these surveys asking me about things like laundry detergent. I never realized that people took them so seriously.

Please read the following statements and choose the one that most accurately describes the way that you think about scent in your laundry process. ( I don’t really)(Select one)

For me, scent in my laundry products is important because it brings back memories - memories from the past and memories that I can pass on to others. I often am reminded of different experiences because I recognize a familiar scent. (pass your laundry scent on to your children)

Cleaning and caring for my laundry is important, but smells are an intrusion or unnecessary. Simpler is always better. I shy away from unfamiliar scents for a variety of reasons - or may even use unscented products. (Heaven forbid)

I feel I've got to put a lot of extra effort into the laundry process because I want to get great end results. Scent is little more than a signal that tells me my laundry is clean and a finishing touch to a job well done. (crazy ocd much?)

I love scent and I use it as a way to make life and laundry more enjoyable. I look for laundry products that offer scent variety since different scents appeal to me. I will try different scents, but if I find one that I really like then I tend to stay with it until I decide it is time for a change. (I like my life and laundry to be enjoyable, but not necessarily in that order.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Zeldin said...

I have an antique clock that has the same quote!!

7:16 PM, June 02, 2010

 

Post a Comment

<< Home