A report on the general minutia of my daily existence.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Indian Style Chinese

The Indian grocery store by me has started stocking a selection of Indian style Chinese dishes. These include Indian Style Chinese Fried Rice and Hakka Noodles. I these are definitely different than American style Chinese fried rice. I don’t even know if I’ve had hakka noodles before. I also bought dried hakka noodles. The packaging is something that can’t happen in American package design anymore. It is called Ching’s Secret Hakka Noodles. They show a picture of a man with a fu man chu moustache and a pointy peasant rice farmers hat. I see from their website he is “The mark of Original Chinese Food Ingredients.”The slogan, “Real Chinese… Tasty Chinese.” I guess in India this sentence wouldn’t bring to mind eating Chinese people, just Chinese food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home