A report on the general minutia of my daily existence.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Welcome to CELEBRATION Florida

I don't know how many of you are familiar with "Lifestyle Centers" these are new town that are meant to mimic old towns, but without all the poor people and closer to the highway. I've heard one refered to as a simulated town. The Truman Show was filmed in one. This link is for the Disney one called Celebration, Florida.

Their website is creepy beyond belief.
Paragraph 1: "Take the best ideas from the most successful towns of yesterday and the technology of the new millennium, and synthesize them into a close-knit community that meets the needs of today's families. The founders of CELEBRATION started down a path of research, study, discovery, and enlightenment that resulted in one of the most innovative communities of the 20th century."

This sounds like Nazi manifesto meets the nuclear age. I really can't believe they would actually say the synthesize a close knit community on their advertising website. That doesn't sound pleasant to me.

I have mixed feelings about the concept, though. I mean it beats the standard strip mall and subdivision setup, if only because it is more novel and creepy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

6:14 PM, February 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home