The ill effects of rum and cokes
There was a new years party at the Art Alliance near fashionable Rittenhouse Square that went awry. By the way they still have the original invite up. It was also a fundraiser for the Sbarro Health Research Organization (SHRO), which may or may not have anything to do with the pizza franchise. Rich people went to a party that was oversold and they ran out of most liquors and beer. The first article quoted a shocked partygoer as saying, “I had to drink rum and cokes like I was at a frat party.” Then people couldn’t even get to the bar and everyone got kicked out before midnight.
This led to stolen and defaced artwork, which articles in the Metro seem to imply is the logical conclusion to such a party and certainly the fault of the party promoter or restaurant. Really, I think people should be a little more upset at those who stole the art and trashed the place, but I guess when you give people who used to be in sororities and frats frat party drinks it is understood that they revert to their old ways. Not their fault. I also really wish the Metro would put their articles online because their overdramatic writing isn’t really present in the articles I can find. Today, they described the party as “spiraling out of control” as though there was a stampede or something. The party promoter, by the way is heir to a blueberry fortune.
So while I appreciate the absurdity of a story about a blueberry heir swindling fancy folks out of a champagne toast leading them to trash a high society social institution… well I guess there is no but. I just wanted to share this absurdity with you guys.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home