A report on the general minutia of my daily existence.

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Football!

I forgot to mention the football mania that has been plaguing my trolley ride home for the past few months. People around here really seem to like football. I don’t really know so much myself. Where to start?… Well this guy José who likes the cowboys (which is very bad I come to discover) started a feud with the trolley driver. Both sides formed coalitions and decided to sit on opposite sides of the trolley and shout at each other the whole ride home, severely interrupting my afternoon nap. The driver started using the loudspeaker to berate the cowboys and demand eagle loyalty from trolley riders. They both come up with third grade insults for each others’ teams, like calling the eagles the chickens. The trolley driver sometimes get out of his seat to go back and continue the argument face to face.
The Eagles won their play off game this weekend and the whole town is abuzz. They plan pep rallies at city hall. Everyone was wearing green yesterday and talking about the game. It is like I live in a giant high school and it is spirit day. Poor José, however, has been ostracized to the point where I saw him on the trolley after his usual trolley yesterday so he wouldn’t have to face the taunting of the trolley driver and his band of loyalists. His friends called him a chicken for not facing the music and walking around the corner when the trolley came. I would say poor guy, but when the Eagles lose, I’m sure he’ll be equally vicious and ruin my nap once more.

WPVI.com: The Pep Rally Begins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home