Harry and the Potters
My Harry and the Potters CD's arrived yesterday. I love them. I haven’t been this excited about a band that was my own discovery since Moldy Peaches. They are very much in the same low-tech strain as Moldy Peaches or the Pancakes, but all their songs are about Harry Potter books. I don’t know if they would be much fun if you haven’t read the books, but I think maybe. After all, Harry and his friends show us the humanity in ourselves. Deep huh.
I guess they may be suited for me because I’m not so into words anyway. Plus their attitude is something that I can get behind, not angry sarcasm, but not entirely serious devotion either. They clearly an honest enjoyment of the Harry Potter books and at the same time realize how ridiculous it is to devote a band to it. Or at least that is what I hope. Also each CD carries the disclaimer that, "This recording has not been prepared, approved, or licensed by any person or entity that created, published, or produced the Harry Potter books or related properties." I wonder if they will ever get popular enough to face a law suit. Thanks Tracey for sending me their link.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home