Iron Chef Columbus
A friend asked about my experiences at our Iron Chef Competition when I was living in Columbus. Thought this recap may be interesting to my blogging friends. The battle went like this if memory serves...
It was at my friend Dave’s parents house. It was myself vs Beth. We had four hours to cook I think and we each had a su chef. Sarah functioned as my assistant, and without her labors victory would not have been possible. The secret ingredient was revealed as Tofu, then we had an hour for shopping and menu preparation. We had to share the same stove, so this led to threats of sabotage. My menu consisted of an appetizer soup (tofu miso mushroom soup), main course of friend tofu maki rolls, and a desert of pineapple coconut chocolate tofu pie (using silken tofu which functions to give it a mousse like quality. My opponent had an Italian Themed meal with Pasta with a tofu and tomato sauce and a dessert that was better then mine, though I forget what it was. Dave was the chairman. There was a judge representing the strict dour fortune teller, the bubbly actress, and two guys. I forget who they were exactly. My cuisine reigned supreme and I won the right to call those dishes “award winning.” The actress said my tofu maki tasted like “springtime blossoms dancing on her tongue.”




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home