SF day 2
Day 2. The day started after much rest. Beth and I went to get a bagel while Rachel came in from Oakland. Bagels are delicious, especially with hummus. Then Rachel came and good times were had by all. Then Beth went off to work and more disappointing gifts were opened by Rachel, which I ended up bringing back with me. I guess I’m not the best at gift giving anymore. They were lame left over gifts. We then walked downtown along Valencia to Market. We made a brief trip to the Castro where shopping and Thai food eating occurred. I bought the 10 commandments made out of legos here. I’ve got the first two books of the bible in lego form now. The food was really very good at the thai place and I wrote a review of the place on Judy’s book, because I want to get free things. Then we went towards Chinatown down market street. We took one of the city’s historic trolleys, which run down Market. Apparently the fools keep up the old ones out of love and they have several generations of cars running. We were on a 1950’s one with a fortunately broken fare box. Free rides. Actually I think it is pretty nice that they keep the old cars running, but it must be so much work. Anyway, after we got off we met a tap dancer, which gave Rachel some pointers. She vowed to return the next day with her tap shoes… will she? Stay tuned to find out. Then we went to Chinatown and wandered around for a while. It has a very nice 1950’s feel to it. Then we went to the embarcadero, where we read my new books aloud. Then it was off to Rachel’s aunt Sandra’s office. We then went out for happy hour at The Cosmopolitan. Then I went with Rachel to get the train. I met up with Beth again, after a quick stop to get my stuff at the Vans. Beth lives in Bernal Hills (heights?) and it was a fun adventure getting there. I took the bus the wrong way, but it is a big loop, so that doesn’t really matter. The bus driver asked where I was going and said she couldn’t pick me up because she was near the end of the line. So I crossed the street and she picked me up at the start of the line. When I went there was much activity at Beth and Kate’s house. There was ravioli cooking and Zarin and I went to the liquor store, so I got to see a little of downtown Bernal Heights, which was quite charming. Very small towny, except for the singing town drunk in the liquor store. The ravioli’s all stuck together. There was good conversation among friends. Then everyone went to sleep and I saw the Yes Men, which was a pretty good movie. Then sleep.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home