A report on the general minutia of my daily existence.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

readin' the bible

Hey all. A few days ago I made an impulse buy. I was on the trolley on the way home and I was reading Elmer Gantry. It is about a hypocritical preacher and I realized that I had no idea about the references it was making to ezekeneber, methusda and other such people. So I got off at the mall stop (avoiding the dear – thank god) and bought myself the bible for dummies. So now I'm reading the bible. I'm not going to put that on my friendster profile, because lord knows what kind of freaks would decide to talk to me. The one that I bought has lots of maps so I know where places are and has a list of 100 people in the bible you should know. I don't understand why the bible is always on such cheap paper, though. You can see the text from the opposite page, which is especially annoying when you have so many brightly colored infographics. So far the bible has been a thouroughly enjoyable book, but I'm still in genesis. It goes fairly quickly so far. God sees it, makes it and it is good. Then a few thousand years later it is bad and he destroys it. Very to the point and no nonsense. I'm sure I'll annoy you all with talking about it for a while, because this books says it will take 3 years to read, the bible. But that is reading only 10 minutes a day (that is the plan of this bible... 10 minutes a day to rock hard abs... I mean salvation). I'm going quite a bit faster than that. I'm annoying my roomates by saying things, like, “I think I'll retire early and read the scriptures.” The novelty hasn't worn off for me yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so completely awesome!

Rainbows in your soul, as R Crumb'd'a said!

5:37 AM, August 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home