A report on the general minutia of my daily existence.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Riff Raff Plaza

They are recreating my neighborhood. They are putting in brick sidewalk accents and new navy blue fixtures like light poles and tree grates. Note the anarchist flag flying high on the flag pole. They are putting a nice median in the center of the street.
They mean well, but they really have no idea. The elected officials are all old and white and live on the right side of the tracks and drive to work everyday.

They haven’t finished the construction yet and already the sidewalk is covered in gum spots, the plants in the median have been trampled by jaywalkers, and people are just eyeing that plaza to loiter in all day. Undesirables were literally sitting on the steps of the bank across the street. I can’t wait until it is done. I’m still hoping for a water feature in the middle where the homeless with bathe. I’ve been calling it riff raff park since I realized it would be there. I can’t wait to see the elected officials plan backfire on them. I also can’t wait to hang out with the riff raff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home