A report on the general minutia of my daily existence.

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Fishy

Bad news…

I don’t know how many of you remember fishy, but I think he/she is on her last legs (so to speak). I’m planning on having a memorial service some time soon, if you have any kind words to say in her honor, I’d be more than happy to read them for you. If you live locally and would like to come, you are more than welcome.

To jog your memory, I’ll supply you with the time line of this fish.

Fall 1996 – Fishy is purchased from Meijer to eat roaches in our apartment at Bellvue along with a sibling. They ate many a toxin filled roach fleeing from floating candles in their tank.

Fall 1997 – I am in China and the fish are under the care of my parents

Fall 1998- I’m living on Lovell and I forget if fishy was around or not. I’m a bad father.

Fall 1999 – I move to NYC and fishy is left in the care of my parents again.

Fall 2000 – I move to Columbus for graduate school with fishy.

Fall 2003 – I move to Philadelphia with Fishy

Summer 2004 – Fishy looks very sad and sick and there is nothing I can do.

At some point fishy acquired an name and my undying respect. I’m giving her a proper burial at sea. If you have any fond fishy stories you would like to share or if you can fill in some blanks on the fishy timeline, I implore you to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home