A report on the general minutia of my daily existence.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Sickness in Seattle

Right now I’m in Seattle. I felt pretty poorly during the flight. Is air sickness something one can acquire over time. I felt half like I had the flu and half that the air pressure change made my sinuses, stomach, and intestines full of air that didn’t want to be there. I was very concerned that I had a mild case of the flu. I couldn’t eat and had a headache and I thought the whole trip was going to be wasted with me being sick. But my friends Sarah and Rachel hooked me up with vitamin C, lemon-Ginger-Echinacea drink, lemon-eucalyptus-zinc-Echinacea tea, and garlic-secret bled of herbs and spices-eardrops. After some sleep and these treatments, I feel much better, but I was still up at 7, but I guess that is like 11 east coast.
Of course as someone who couldn’t eat yesterday, I’m famished now and I tried to eat my airline bagels, but I am shocked to find another house that doesn’t have toaster. I realize when we are all on the Atkin’s diet we won’t need one anymore (for those of you truly un-American folk who don’t know what the Atkin’s diet is it is a way of losing weight by eating lard all the time. Malnutrition while eating pure protein is hot over here now). Until then, I want to see a toaster in your house! I burned them in the stove.
Anyway, now I can’t wait for fun adventures now that I feel up to them. In my sick filled stupor and bad attitude, Seattle seemed like a giant Clintonville (Columbus, Oh) with much more interesting geography. There is lots of water and mountains and mid nineties euro box architecture. I bet I’ll be more impressed when I’m not feeling like pooh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home