What I did on my summer vacation
Well I had a good run of unemployment. I traveled first to DC, where I hung out with my friend Dave for a bit before he moved out of that hole of a town for warmer environs. Actually we both left there (via Chinatown bus) and went to NYC for a little while. I saw some friends and made some new friends. Then I went with Leslie, her dad, and her cat on their way to Detroit. They dropped me off at a turnpike rest stop where I used to work and was greeted by my loving father. Then I spent some time with my parents, Kim and attended Brian’s wedding in Amherst. Then I had the chance to go to an Island with my friend Patty. I don’t know if you all know this, but I love islands (keep that in mind come holidays and birthday present shopping time). So we went up to Beaver Island in the middle of Lake Michigan just off of Charlevoix. It was lovely- sandy and cool and fairly good weather. Then I went to Kalamazoo for Greg and Steph’s wedding reception. Then I was on the train to Chicago and directly to the airport for my flight home. It is kind of fun going through Chicago without stopping, especially since I will be back at the end of this month for another wedding.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home